Lizzo is an influencing rapper, singer, and writer. She is widely famous for her deep and encouraging lyrics embedded in her songs.
Go through the article for Lizzo Height, Age, Bio, Boyfriend, Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wiki, Dating, and many more.
Biography: Age and more
Lizzo celebrates her birthday on April 27, hence belongs to the Taurus zodiac sign. Regarding age, Lizzo (born April 27, 1988) is 32 years old as of 2020. Though she has American nationality, her parents are of African origin with Afro-American ethnicity. Lizzo’s full name is Melissa Viviane Jefferson.
Lizzo is among the few multi-talented singers belonging to the African community. With an undebatable talent and skill, she writes the song that touches the heart and spreads positivity among all the listeners. Lizzo is not a singer who is limited only on the youtube platform, but she has large fans following over 10 million on Instagram too.
Early Life and Education
Lizzo was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, the USA along with her sister Vanessa Jefferson. When Lizzo has turned 10, her family shifted to Houston, Texas. She had a deep interest in music from an early age. She along with her close friends who had a slight inclination towards music formed a musical group and they named it Cornrow Clique. Her nickname Lizzo came into existence from this very moment as an inspiration of Jay-Z’s Izzo.
She completed her high schooling from Alief Elsik High School. After her graduation, she joined the University of Huston taking the Classical Music major that focused on flute. After the sudden demise of her father in 2010, her mother Shari Johnson-Jefferson raised her. Then, the family shifted to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2011.
Lizzo officially started her career in 2008. However, her major works supporting her career commenced in 2011. She formed a trio of female rappers and released the first album “We Are the Chalice” under the group name Chalice. Due to the astonishing talent of writing creative stuff and blending it with an awesome soulful voice, she got well recognized in a short period of time. Her successful singles that have massive popularity among the audience are “Truth Hurts”, “Batches & Cookies”, “Better in Color”, “Juice” and “Boys”.
She has successfully recorded multiple solo albums and EP’s. Her debut solo album is “Lizzobangers” recorded in 2013. She did not limit her gifted voice in rapping only but she has also voiced several characters from the big hit movies like UglyDolls. Talking about her discographies, they are Lizzobangers in 2013, Big Grrrl Small World in 2015, and Cuz I Love You in 2019.
Lizzo Net Worth
The net worth of Lizzo is $10 million as of 2020. Her source of net worth is from the music industry and online music streaming platforms like youtube and Spotify. In addition, she owns a t-shirt store where she sells her official merchandise. Lizzo works in multiple genres ranging from hip-hop as the major to R&B, soul, and funk-pop add a massive net worth.
|Net Worth in 2020||$10 million|
|Net Worth of the previous year||$4 million|
|Annual Earnings||More than $5 million|
|Assets||We Will Update|
Height and more
Lizzo is 5 feet and 10 inches tall for her height and weighs 84 kg. With a decent height and weight for her looks, she has a big sized thick body with a dark-colored skin tone. She believes that her dark skin is the biggest accessory in her body. The black-colored eyes with dark brown hair suit her perfectly and express her confident and bold personality. She has not revealed any sign of ink or tattoo on her body and prefers the shoe of US size 8.5.
Boyfriend and Dating
Lizzo is a free-standing and self-reliant person, so she enjoys her own company rather than having a boyfriend. She has stated that she will be dating in the future when she finds a distinct personality man with a masculine character. It seems clear that she has not found anyone with a matched character and the behavior she thinks is necessary for her ideal partner.
Husband and Children
Lizzo is a single and independent woman, so she doesn’t have a husband and neither any children. According to her, she has never been in a serious relationship instead she loves to work, create and develop her career in the first place rather than thinking about marriages and all at present. She loves to live under her own personal freedom and has not yet disclosed her personal life. We are collecting for all the valid details regarding Lizzo’s personal details and will update you anytime soon if and new details surf on the internet.
Quick Wiki and Bio
|Full Name||Melissa Viviane Jefferson|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1988|
|Age||32 years old|
|Birth Place||Detroit, Michigan, USA|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Did you Know?
- Lizzo Wikipedia: She was afraid of working as a singer in the starting phase of her career but Lauryn Hill was an inspiration for her success. His works made her believe that she could engage herself in both the fields of singing and rapping. Not to miss, the particular album of him from which she got an inspiration was The Miseducation.
- She has worked in the films UglyDolls(2019) and Hustlers(2019). She portrayed the character of Lydia in the former and Liz in the latter.
- In the year 2016, she appeared on the TV Show Brad Neely’s Harg Nallin’ Sclopio Peepio and Made in Chelsea: NYC. Furthermore, she portrayed as Magic Mushroom in the show Yeti! Yeti!.
- Talking about her tours, she has done three of them, apparently listed as 2017’s Good as Hell Tour and two from 2019: Cuz I Love You and Cuz I Love You Too Tour.
- She is optimistic on everything that happens on her everyday life. Her fans praise her self-confidence for her plus-size body.
- Lizzo always feels free to clearly state her honest opinion. Unlike other celebrities, she is open to her mental health and wants to express her state. She was a victim of body-shaming trolls which was the reason for her sudden stop in using the Twitter account. This sudden break took place on January 5 of 2020. She has clearly mentioned that she will resume using her Twitter account after she feels she should return back. However, she actively uses her official Instagram account.
- She has a large number of LGBT followers who proudly call them “Lizzibians“. She is also one of the LGBT rights activists.
|2020||BET Awards (Best Female R&B/Pop Artist)||Herself|
|2020||Grammy Awards(Best Urban Contemporary Album)||Cuz I Love You|
|2020||Grammy Awards (Best Pop Solo Performance)||Truth Hurts|
|2020||Grammy Awards (Best Traditional R&B Performance)||Jerome|
|2019||Apple Music Awards (Breakthrough Artist of the Year)||Nominee|
|2019||Rober Awards Music Prize (Anthem, Song of the Year)||Juice|
|2019||Rolling Stone’s International Music Awards (Best R&B, Style)||Herself|
|2019||Soul Train Music Awards (Video of the Year)||Juice|
|2019||Soul Train Music Awards (Album/Mixtape of the Year)||Cuz I Love You|
We have listed some of the shows where she appeared as a guest across her emerging career. Let’s go through the listing.
- In 2014, she was welcomed to the fourth episode on the first season of a renowned television show Made in Chelsea: NYC of the broadcaster by the Channel 4 network. Also, in the same year, she appeared in episode 29 of season 22 in Late Show with David Letterman.
- There were two shows where she was summoned as a guest in 2015. They were The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Access Hollywood.
- Coming back to 2016, there were a number of programs where Lizzo made her appearance. They were The Real and Sooo Many White Guys for a single episode. Also not to miss out, other shows were The Real, Party Legends, and Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
- At the end of 2017, she accepted the invitation to the show Trivial Takedown. The show has still ongoing in 2018 and she was present in two successive episodes.
- In addition to Trivial Takedown, there were three shows where she made a guest appearance in 2018. They are Articulate with Jim Cotter, Hannibal Buress: Handsome Rambler, and RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Here are the shows where she appeared in 2019: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live, 2 Dope Queens, C à vous, Neo Magazin Royale, and The Jonathan Ross Show.